Thursday, May 9, 2013

Hmmm

I am not quite sure what to think.

Yesterday I had my date.  He looks like his pictures (did it just get hotter in here?!), and he was very polished and put together.  I wore an outfit that I feel good in, and felt my best.

It was a bit awkward at first.  Is there any way around that on a first date that is also an introduction?  But still, he was kind and smart, and presented himself in person the same way he did online.

We talked too much about exes - a red flag?

But at the end, he asked me if I'd like to go out again, and I said yes.  I think we were both shy, and that's refreshing.  He has every reason to be cocky, but he isn't, and that is incredibly attractive.

Later in the day, he sent me his phone number and email, and told me how much he'd enjoyed our time together.

Wow. 

Who knows what will happen next - I don't know him well, I can't read his intentions, and I'm not sure what he wants out of dating.  I have had canceled dates before, and things do happen... plus, our schedules don't align well right now and so I'm not even sure when the next time we are mutually available is, but I'm thinking two weeks.  I will need to learn patience!

But I'm also enjoying myself.  Getting nightly messages from an attractive, kind, intelligent man who shares my values, is a family guy....it's lovely.  He remembers what I tell him, asks me questions, shares things about his life.  If I had to guess, I'd say he has a good heart.

This is a nice change of pace.  I will not freak out and do cartwheels just yet....but I intend to enjoy myself, just in a quieter, slower fashion than I'm used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment