Saturday, November 9, 2013

Resting

It was quite a week.

Yesterday I interviewed with a fantastic organization.  I know that it went well - deep inside me, my heart and mind are both at peace that I gave the best interview that I was capable of giving, that I made a good impression, that I gave it my all.

I looked around their offices with a bit of hunger: hunger to be part of an organization that I believed in, doing good works that change people's lives.  Hunger to change my own life, as well.  And hunger for smart colleagues who share my values, who laugh with me over coffee, who brainstorm around tables, who then go out and change the world.

It's getting closer.  Yesterday was a taste of it.  Will they offer me the job?  I have no idea.  I feel strongly that I am a great candidate, but these things are what they are, and perhaps there is another great candidate, with more experience than myself.  That is out of my control, and it is what it is.

On Tuesday, I will repeat the experience, only for a job that I want even more than the one yesterday.

It is exhausting sometimes, this life of mine.  Yesterday evening I felt like I was in a fog, and I didn't climb into bed so much as fall into it.  This morning, I've delayed my run a big, because gallons of coffee while lying in bed, my dog at my feet, and my daughter (and cat) sleeping in the room down the hall, seems like a picture of bliss.  I am grateful to rest, to regroup, to have some downtime.  Next week, I will interview again, I will find more jobs to apply for, to be excited about.  I will network. I will try to move forward this life of mine.

But today, I rest, and dream of the future that is starting to feel within reach...

No comments:

Post a Comment