Thursday, November 21, 2013

What will be...

What will be, will be.

I can do all the right things, and I can make mistakes.

Either way, I can not control the outcome.

Today I'm trying to reach peace with my imperfect life, to grasp its beauty, to love it as it is.  I'm trying not to be caught up in the tough moments, not allow the difficulty to define me.

I haven't heard back yet from that job.  I do not know what they will say.  But as I think of it, I'm trying my hardest not to pin all my hopes and dreams on it.  I want it - yes, very much.  But what will be, will be.  And I will create my life, somehow, some way, and none of this defines me.

I'm about to go for a run on this beautiful, clear, frosty morning.  I'm not as Zen about all of this as I'm trying to be, but I am trying.  What else can I do?

My mother says, "Let go, let God."  Her faith in that expression is unwavering.

I'm trying to do all of the right things to create the life I want for myself, but I'm also trying to let go and accept what is and what will be.  That's new for me, and it's uncomfortable....but it also feels right.

Breathe in, breathe out.  Is there anything else that I can do?  Yes, I can apply elsewhere (I will).  Yes, I can keep a good attitude.  But this one, this job, I'm turning to the universe, and I will try to accept whatever answer I receive with grace.

Thanks for putting in a good word for me.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I've been stopping in here -- thinking about you -- praying for you. I've got my own little path that I've been following -- trying to keep pace with hope and keeping a safe lead from the despair that lumbers on trying to catch me. Keep running, kid.

    ReplyDelete